Become a Mentor
CRT mentors donate their time and talents to provide strategic advice to San Diego area CEOs. Our mentors meet defined experience criteria as Presidents, CEOs, and members of Boards of Directors of corporations or privately owned companies in a wide range of industries, locally, nationally, and globally. Their backgrounds make them good matches for the companies applying to be advised by CRT.
CRT mentors sign an agreement to offer their services pro bono to CRT clients, following highly ethical guidelines. They must commit to attend the CRT monthly meetings.
CRT requires mentors to meet very specific criteria. If you meet these criteria and are interested in becoming a mentor, we invite you to complete our online application.
- Currently serves or has served as CEO or President of a Qualified Corporation or has founded and successfully transitioned a closely held private business as CEO with a minimum of 50 employees and $30M in annual revenue; or
- Has served as CEO, President, or General Manager (with full P&L responsibility) of a significant division, subsidiary, or strategic business unit of a publicly held Fortune 500 corporation; and
- Has served a cumulative total of five (5) years on Boards of Directors which meet the standards of a Qualified Corporation or a substantial nonprofit corporation; and
- Has distinguished himself or herself both in career and community service activities, enjoying an outstanding reputation for integrity; and
- Has demonstrated expertise in matters of corporate governance; and
- Has consented to accept the responsibilities of mentorship in CRT; and
- Has been recommended or endorsed for mentorship by three active CRT mentors, who met with him/her in person or virtually
CRT defines a qualified corporation as one in which . . .
- Mentor applicant is a director or officer and has demonstrated success; and
- The corporation has achieved a size appropriate to its industry segment as measured by annual revenue and/or number of employees and/or capital employed; provided, however, that the threshold of each will be $10M in annual revenue, 25+ employees, and at least $2M in invested capital or owners’ equity or debt financing.
Mentors must . . .
- Execute the CRT Member Agreement before accepting a mentoring assignment;
- Attend 50% of all member meetings each year from the date membership commences; and
- Accept at least one mentoring assignment with a CRT client company each membership year or as otherwise required to meet the needs of CRT’s client obligations. (If less than two assignments are offered in one year, and none are declined, the performance requirement will be deemed met.)